.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Look What I Found in the Trash!!!


We went for a walk this morning and look what we found! A toy wheelbarrow, a metal Radio Flyer ride-on, and a toy lawn mower...all they needed was to be hosed off and tah-dah! Cool new stuff to entertain James.

I was introduced to the sport of 'trash-picking' when we moved here, and boy, is it a sport. Some people drive up and down every street before the trash-men come, looking for certain things. There is a guy who picks up metal, another picks up appliances, and some people get very territorial about the whole thing. I saw couple people once loading half of someones trash into their truck once without even looking at it, because there was another trash picker coming. They looked through it and put what they didn't want back on the street. I am not that crazy about it; I am just glad to have found some cool toys for James to play with!

1 comment:

Trish D said...

I've gotta say, it's kind of nice not having alleys here as it makes finding the good stuff so much easier :) We have a yard full of Little Tikes freebies - that stuff doesn't die, and it kills me when I see it out with the trash!