.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Hot Summer Days and the TP Unrolling Experiment

Ah, the dreaded hot and sticky mid-summer weather has arrived here in the Northeast. We have had several spells of record heat, along with ridiculous humidity. Fortunately, it has been a little cooler the last few days and we have been able to enjoy going outside again. James and I have been using the swimming pool and taking strolls around the neighborhood. I have been harvesting zucchini, peppers, and zillions of tomatoes from my weed-infested garden. James sits and picks grass while I am picking tomatoes, or he rides along in the baby-backpack and grabs anything within reach. He is a VERY curious little guy.

Today he discovered that toilet paper unrolls. And boy, did he think that was cool. I actually saw him start to unroll it, and he had the cutest look on his face like, “Gee, this is going to be REALLY fun!” So, I sat back and watched while he enjoyed pulling out the entire roll. Although I am probably encouraging future T.P.- unrolling, I couldn’t resist watching him play. And besides, it’ll still work the same anyway.

No comments: