.

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Comebacks for Bullies

Fairly often, one of the kids comes home complaining of someone being mean to them. I never know quite what to believe. There is part of me that's like 'Oh, no you diiiiidn't mess with my baby!' and part of me that thinks it might have been a bit of overreacting. Anyway, I am always thinking of ways they can stand up for themselves and get the kids to be nice to them, or at least leave them alone. My sarcastic brain is always comes up with some witty comeback which may or may not be appropriate for the situation, so I usually keep them to myself. Here are some scenarios:

Katie: Mom, Joey made a face at me on the bus.
Mom's Trusty Comeback: Listen, Joey, I've put guys in the hospital for less than that.

James: Mom, Suzie says I have the cooties.
Mom's Trusty Comeback: Oh, I'm sorry. You must be mistaken. I have a case of the CUTIES.


1 comment:

Terry and Linda said...

Kids really can be mean...coming up with ways that helps others handle mean stuff is always a good thing!

❤⊱彡 Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com