.

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Which One Is Dinner? And Other Randomness



 Which one of these does not belong? It may be hard to tell, but there are 7 chickens in the box. Three light brown ones, three dark ones, and Fatty.



Here's a better shot of Chicken Dinner next to her hatch mates. You can kind of see how she has no feathers under her wings. Does that mean she'll be easier to pluck? Hmmm, perhaps I shouldn't be counting my eggs before they're hatched...har, har!!! Seriously though, is she just 'big for her age,' or do we have a meat bird on our hands??


And if you made it past my corny chicken jokes, here is a picture of Katie in my wedding dress. She has been wanting to try it on for a long time.


It was a little big...


But she felt like a princess!


James took his chickies out for a little fresh air and get-acquainted session (through the fence) with the older chickens. 


And if you've made it all the way to the end, here's a bonus for you! Close up shot of my toe thumbs. Dad told me that they accidentally put toes on my hands. My sister-in-law actually learned in cosmetology school that it is called Club Thumbs...a real 'condition'! So far, I have not been able to collect any government funds or even get a special parking spot for my condition. Bummer. Anyway, the real point of this picture is to say that not only are we getting eggs straight from the backyard, but I pulled my first turnip! It was delicious!

1 comment:

Terry and Linda said...

Yep...meat hen. You will be able to eat her in 6 weeks or so. Don't make to close of friends!


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
http://deltacountyhistoricalsociety.wordpress.com