.

Thursday, September 04, 2014

School & Reorganizing

School is in full swing and I am happy to say that the kids are doing great! Fortunately for me, I have not received a second bite from my rabid Kindergartener. In fact, the rabid Kindergartener declared school to be 'so fun'. Yes!!! In the meantime I am conducting a major organizational overhaul of the house. This involves making things disappear. Shh! The benefit to all three of the lovelies being in school is that I can take the cast-offs directly to the thrift store before they get off the bus, thus bypassing the whole 'What?!?! You are throwing this away??? I used it three years ago which means I might use it again in the next five years!!!' Tell me you know what I am talking about? These kids, they accumulate mass quantities of stuff. I can handle things like Legos and Lincoln Logs (well, not stepping on them in the middle of the night or finding them in my bed sheets) because they get used a ton, and they inspire creativity. I am so old school. I want my kids to be creative and entertain themselves without electronic devices. The stuff I hate includes: cheap plastic crap from China, anything that makes noise, anything that requires batteries, and stuffed animals. Oh, stuffed animals. I am pretty sure it is a proven fact that when you turn your back, they reproduce like rabbits and all of a sudden there are 97 of them threatening to take over the world, or at least your house. Evil, furry things. I think they may even have some connection to the mysterious disappearance of socks in the dryer and the disappearance of Jimmy Hoffa. So someday, dear children, when you are reading this, you will finally know what happened to Fluffy the bunny that you never cared about until you couldn't find it one day. Your mother gave it to the thrift store. And remember that time you saw that one toy at the thrift store and declared 'We have one just like that!'? Well, I'll let you in on a little secret: that was your toy.

I'm pretty sure they will turn out OK despite my ruthless culling of unused toys. My personal motto is "I will never have to pick this toy up off the floor again!' And all the people said.....Amen!

No comments: