.

Tuesday, June 03, 2014

End of School/Beginning of Farm

Today I hit the end-of-school wall. As in, I don't want to pack another lunch, sign another homework folder, fill out another permission slip, send in another $5, or time another fluency test. I might have groaned audibly when I cracked open the kids' homework folders to find....homework! Seriously?? With only 2 1/2 weeks of school left (yes, that's a whole other story) don't you think they could cut us all a break and just give up on the homework? To add insult to injury, James brought home multiplication homework last night. I imagine they are introducing the concept for next year, but it seems a little ridiculous to teach them multiplication during the last 2 weeks of school.

In other, more exciting news, our CSA started! I have a half share this year and it was soooo good to be back. I was so close to laying down in the strawberry patch and staring up at the blue sky but decided better of it what with having two kids with me and all. It was so nice, until all the pollen kicked in and decided to have a convention in my sinuses. But I have strawberries! Fresh strawberries! And I just might make some Strawberry Rhubarb Jam tomorrow in honor of spring.

2 comments:

Terry and Linda said...

Ugh! More school! The kids got out here on May 22. Like you my allergies have kicked in...but I'll take that over winter anyday!!!


Linda
http://coloradofarmlife@wordpress.com

Shay said...

Seriously, enough with the homework already!!! I'm so over it!