.

Saturday, December 04, 2010

Tough Questions

Yesterday James was playing alone in his room. He yelled out to me, "Mom, I never want to die for a funeral." Next thing you know he is in tears, asking me "If you and Daddy died and Katie and Tyler and I were still alive, who would be our Mommy and Daddy?" I told him that if that happened, Auntie Rachel and Uncle Phil or Grammy and Chappy would take care of them. He was very upset and it took a long time to calm him down. How do you respond to something like that? I mean, I would love to say we won't die and we'll always be with you, but no one really knows what lies ahead. On the other hand, I didn't think that telling him that there was a small possibility of that happening. I just tried to reassure him and let him know that we love him and that we will do everything we possibly can to provide for him. I told him that someday I wanted to meet all my grandchildren, too. These kids and their tough questions.

1 comment:

DayPhoto said...

I wish I didn't have to be the head of the family...I want to give it up and have my Momma and Daddy back. They were ever so much better at it than I am.

I so understand your son.

Sigh

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com