.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Tree



It's a sad day. As I write, 'our' tree is being shredded. I can hear each time they throw in a log and it makes me sad. The tree fell over in the hurricane last year on the greenbelt, and the kids have spent a lot of time playing on and around it. Initially, all the leaves were still on it, creating a room of sorts to play in. The leaves even changed colors in the fall. Despite the fact that the roots are exposed and the tree laying on the ground, some of the branches were getting buds. I knew it was coming, but it is still a bummer!

Here are a few pictures of the picnic we had last week with our preschool, before the tree met its demise.

1 comment:

Terry and Linda said...

Oh gosh! What is it about the death of trees this year!! My heart breaks for you as I so understand!!!!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com