.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

How I Almost Pulled Off the Heist of My Life

A Special Guest Article by James

I was so close to victory, I could taste it. Mom had gone upstairs for something and I went in for the kill. In her purse, I happened to find a Cadbury Creme Egg wrapped in shiny foil. I quickly and meticulously removed the foil and shoved the entire thing in my mouth. I figured that if Mom came down the stairs, at least the evidence would not be immediately apparent. Sure enough, I heard footsteps and ducked for cover. But, alas, she found me out! Quicker than I could say 'sugar-fiend in the making' Mom pried it out of my mouth. I realize now the mistake that cost me my prize. I was simply too quiet! Whenever I am too quiet, I think Mom realizes that I am up to no good and comes to investigate. So, next time I am trying to dig up the houseplants, I'll have to remember to make a lot of noise so as not to draw attention to myself. I also have to figure out where she hid the rest of the Easter candy! (followed by a devious little James-laugh)

No comments: