.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Ninja Scissors


My hair has been driving me crazy. Absolutely nuts! Sometimes I get a wild hair (ha, ha) and think I will try growing it out. Sometimes I just don't feel like finding a place to get my hair cut and actually going to get it done. And I think that I still have some hair dressers distrust due to a serious hack job I got in high school. It was so bad, my short 'layers' were more like bad bangs that could only be corralled by a Pebbles-inspired pony tail. Visiting a new hair dresser is like playing Russian Roulette with your follicles. But alas, I was at my wits end. Ready to pull a Britney Spears and shave my head. I was going to call and make an appointment when Jeff said 'I'll cut your hair.' I said 'YEAH RIGHT!!' But he was serious. And if there is anything I know about Jeffrey, it is a) he will research the heck out of it, and b) he has a bit of the old OCD that would ensure that my hair (hopefully) came out looking presentable, instead of like I'd lost a fight with the weed whacker. I also figured I could always go somewhere and get it fixed should things head south. So, I said OK. After going on a YouTube bender, Jeff felt he had watched a sufficient number of tutorials and read about enough methods that he was ready to get started. He showed me an article on 'Hair Cutting for Dummies' entitled 'The Five Minute Haircut' which immediately made me rethink my decision. In the end, I decided regardless of the end result, the experience was bound to be amusing. And it was. There we were, in the bathroom at about 9:30 at night, trying out some internet tutorial on my hair. It worked, and my hair passed the test. Several people at church the next day came up and told me they loved my new hair cut. Everyone got a chuckle after they found out who cut it. Jeff has decided to change his name to Geoffrey and go into business. Now taking appointments! :)

P.S. I will post about Christmas soon. I had this written but forgot to post. Oi!

1 comment:

Shay said...

Looks great! I get the urge to shave my head once in a while. I'm getting closer and closer....