.

Monday, November 26, 2012

Another Installment


Here are a few pictures of the kids working on shoe boxes. Katie was very particular about stacking them just so.


James' official job is to load them into the truck. Katie and Tyler help carry them out.


He is an expert by now.

P.S. Beyonce the Monster Truck has now been used to transport not only our family, but these shoe boxes, and on Saturday, our ill-fated chickens. 


It's official! Tyler has a bike of his own. He...OK, I...dug into his coffers and used his cash to make the purchase. When I went to buy it, all the bikes were $80 and plastered with various licenced, trademarked, commercialized characters. I had a hunch that if I found a plain bike it would be cheaper. They had one, and it was $40! I am pretty sure I could buy a whole lot of Lightning McQueen stickers with that extra $40, but he doesn't know the difference anyhow. He just loves having his own wheels. Now if only his mother will get him a respectable bike helmet, so he can stop wearing his sister's purple princess helmet! 


And here is the generator box turned pirate ship I made for the boys last week. Did you know how beautiful a generator can look when it is coming up your driveway on a FedEx dolly? While it didn't help us during the hurricane, now we have backup next time the power goes off. We have finally joined the growing number in our neighborhood who are investing in generators due to fairly frequent power outages. But back to the boat, I saw the idea somewhere and have been looking for a good box ever since. This one worked out nice, and I used a broom handle and some PVC pipe to rig up the sail, which gets rolled up and down, depending on their navigational preferences. Argh, matey! Shiver me timbers!

3 comments:

Shay said...

I thought I saw you at a red light recently but didn't recognize the car. I forgot you got a new one. Beyonce is an excellent name choice.

Beacon2Light said...

nice job on the shoe boxes and the boat!

Terry and Linda said...

You are so talented! I love the ship. Terry is wondering what generator Jeff chose? He is thinking it would be smart if we got one for us. You never know if we might be out of power sometime.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com